Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A nice creamy pie that always gets raves.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (vanilla works also)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional) or 1 dash allspice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a fork to mix the first three ingredients ingredients in the pie pan to distribute evenly. Add the next two liquid ingredients, mix, and push the crust into place with your hand. Make sure you don't leave too much in the bottom corners so it all cooks evenly. (Note, this crust works with other pies very well.).
- Beat the eggs and add in the sugar, extract, then melted butter. Add the flour and beat until smooth. Pour into the pie shell and fan the sliced pears with the slim end towards the middle; sometimes you can only fit two pears depending on their size. I like to add a sprinkle of the spice for visual effects and aroma.
- Place pie in 375 degree oven for fifteen minutes. Turn heat down to 350 and continue to cook for 25-35 minutes until done.