Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 4 -5 firm ripe fresh pears, pared and sliced thinly
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau liqueur (optional)
- Arrange pear slices in pie shell in an attractive pattern.
- Beat the sugar, flour, melted butter, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, ginger and Cointreau with a mixer until smooth and well blended Pour mixture over the pears in the pie shell.
- Bake at 350F for 40 to 45 minutes, or until light brown and top springs back when pressed.
Oh how delicious. This is a fabulous tasting pie. I used fresh, sweet, juicy pears from our pear tree. I love the flavor or the ginger and Cointreau. Thanks for a special treat.
Yummy!!! I needed something to do with a bunch of fresh pears and this was great! I even made a second pie the next day! Thanks for sharing, this will be made at my house again!
Thank you so much for a delicious pie!! My family loved it! No more wondering what to do with all those pears we get from our tree!!!