Makes about 4 cups (recipe can easily be doubled). I found this recipe at http://cookingwithamy.blogspot.com/2007/09/pear-pecorino-potato-soup-recipe.html. I have used canned pears (15.25 oz) in their own juice. Once, I used the juice in place of some of the water and it threw off the balance. This recipe perfectly balances the savory cheese/milk and sweet pear as is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and chop the potatoes (medium to large, this is important, if they are too big you'll need a bit more water or you'll have mashed potatos) into thumb-sized chunks. Peel, core and chop the pear. Grate the cheese.
- 2Add pear and potato to saucepan and cover with water and broth. Simmer until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
- 3Add the cheese and stir until fully melted.
- 4Add the milk and a few grinds of pepper.
- 5Puree in blender in batches, until thick and creamy. Taste and season to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Pecorino Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.2
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 221.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: