A Cooking Light recipe - slightly adapted and delicious.
Make and share this Pear, Pecorino, and Prosciutto Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 loaf focaccia bread, cut in half horizontally (approximately 12 oz)
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup trimmed arugula
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pecorino romano cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shaved
- 4 ounces prosciutto (16 very thin slices)
- freshly cracked pepper
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pear to pan, and sprinkle with sugar. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Brush cut sides of bread with vinegar. Arrange pear slices, arugula, cheese, and prosciutto evenly over bottom half of bread. Sprinkle generously with freshly cracked pepper. Cover with top half of bread.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add stuffed loaf to pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of stuffed loaf; press gently to flatten. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until bread is toasted (leave cast-iron skillet on stuffed loaf while it cooks). Cut into quarters.