1/2 Photos of Pear-Pecan Sausage Quiche
Savory, and sweet from the pears! From Taste of Home's Facebook page, January 23, 2012 -- Originally from Quick Cooking November/December 2005!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry (9-inch)
- 1/2 lb bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup sweet onion (chopped)
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 1/3 cup pecans (chopped and toasted)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- 8 pecan halves
- 1Preheat oven at 350°F.
- 2Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 inches beyond edge of pie plate; flute edges.
- 3In a medium-hot iron skillet, toast pecans until fragrant ~ be careful not to burn them!.
- 4In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 5Arrange pear slices in crust.
- 6Top with sausage.
- 7Sprinkle with pecans.
- 8In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, thyme and nutmeg.
- 9Stir in cheese.
- 10Pour mixture over sausage.
- 11Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and crust is golden brown. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent over-browning, if necessary.
- 12Garnish with pecan halves. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear-Pecan Sausage Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.3
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 140.8 mg
- Sodium 747.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 15.6 g