Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy dessert. I found it in Better Homes and Gardens.
Make and share this Pear-Peach Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups peeled sliced pears (about 6 medium)
- 2 cups peeled pitted and sliced fresh peaches (2 to 3 medium) or 2 cups frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup orange juice or 1 cup apple juice
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a very large bowl toss together sliced fruit, raisins, the 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and 1/2 tsp ginger.
- press into the bottom of a 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl combine oats, the cereal, nuts, the 1/4 cup brown sugar, the granulated sugar, and the 1/4 tsp ginger.
- Stir in the butter.
- Spoon over fruit.
- Pour orange or apple juice evenly over the topping.
- Bake, uncovered, for 55 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Remove to a wire rack.
- Cool about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
With several peaches & pears to use up, this recipe sounds perfect. I have to admit up front that I was ill prepared to make this as suggested. I thought I had all the ingredients but DH polished off the Grapenuts this morning, so I added more oats. I am not fond of cooked raisins so I added frozen cranberries. I thought the tartness would work well with the sweetness of the topping, peaches & pears. Other than that... I cut back on the OJ to 1/4 C and poured over the fruit before adding the topping. The house smells divine with a hint of ginger. Tastes great too! Thanks a bunch Lubie!