This recipe is a lovely savoury quiche featuring fresh pears and onions. It is great any time of the year, but especially in autumn. Serve this with a nice salad and you have a fantastic healthy meal. I hope youll enjoy it as much as we do!
My Private Note
10 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
For the Crust
- 100 g spelt flour (can use ap, too)
- 100 g whole spelt flour (can use whole wheat, too)
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs, dried
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g vegetarian pate (like tartex, tofu or sunflower seed based, with onion flavour, may sub butter)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cold water (may need more)
For the Filling
- 1For the Crust combine flours, herbs and salt in a big bowl. Using your fingers work in the vegetarian spread or butter until coarse crumbs have formed. Add the egg and the tbs of water. Knead into a smooth dough. If dough is too dry, add another tbs of water and knead again.
- 2Pat dough into a greased 10 inch spring-form pan (or pie dish). Prick with a fork and pre-bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile for the filling heat the oil in a pan. Sautee onions and pear slices for 4 minutes. Set aside.
- 4In a big bowl beat together eggs and sour cream. Add cheese, herbs and spices.
- 5Fold the slightly cooled sauteed onions and pears into the sour cream mixture. Pour this into the pre-baked pie shell.
- 6Bake in the oven at 180°C/350°F for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean and quiche is slightly browned.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Onion Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (1371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1774.8
- Calories from Fat 952
- Total Fat 105.8 g
- Saturated Fat 55.5 g
- Cholesterol 812.0 mg
- Sodium 912.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.2 g
- Sugars 62.9 g
- Protein 85.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs
mixed Italian herbs