Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
A great recipe from an olive oil manufacturer. It is more pudding in texture than cake.
- 1 cup Spanish olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsley chopped (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups pears, peeled, cored and cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 160 Degrees Celsius.
- Spray and flour a 22cm spring form cake tin.
- Combine oil, eggs, sugar in a bowl and whisk with electric mixer until thick and pale.
- Sift flour and spices into bowl, pour in wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in nuts and pears.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Dust cake with icing sugar and serve warm.