Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sounds like it could be interestingly yummy. I picked up a copy of the Christmas 2008 BBC Good Food Magazine to read on a flight back home to the USA to visit my family on Thanksgiving and I am leaving the issue with my mother so I am putting the recipes I would like to try on zaar for safe keeping and sharing.
- 4 slices multigrain bread, thickly sliced
- 2 pears, ripe and thinly sliced
- 4 1⁄2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- Heat broiler to medium.
- Toast slices of bread.
- Divide slices of pear on top of the four slices of bread.
- Mix cheddar with cream and mustard and then season.
- Spoon mixture over the pears.
- Put under the broiler for about five minutes until golden brown.