Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious gluten-free, low sugar Pear muffin! McGill Family, UK (c) Copyright.
Make and share this Pear Muffins (Gluten Free, Low Sugar) recipe from Food.com.
- 12 cupcake liners
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pureed pears or 1⁄2 cup puree, 1/2 cup fruit cup mixture
- 1⁄2 cup and 2 tbsp pear juice or 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 separated eggs or 1⁄2 cup eggbeaters egg substitute
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 350 F, 180°C.
- Sift together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg yolk, oil, pear puree and pear juice.
- Mix in the flour mixture and combine together well.
- Whisk together the egg whites (egg beaters), until they are stiff and fold them into the batter.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 muffin cases. Preferably into muffin liners/baking cups.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly brown on top. Stick with toothpick if clean then ready. May take as long at 20 minutes cooking time varies. Leave for 30 minutes to cool, otherwise muffins will lose shape.