Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
Delicious and sweet
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I pretty much followed the recipe right on down, I did use unsalted butter, fat-free vanilla yogurt, & left the pear unpeeled! We managed to devour 4 muffins as soon as they were cool enough, & the rest of them lasted not more than about 26 hours! Very, very tasty, & I'd be happy to make these again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter, very soft
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 2 cups pears, peeled and diced (2 med or lg Bartletts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line a 12-cup muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter with brown sugar. Beat in eggs one by one, followed by yogurt. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Mixture will be thick. Add pears and stir just until well distributed.
- Fill muffin cups evenly with the mixture. Each cup should be quite full.
- Bake at 375F for 17-20 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.