Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I think kids will like this.
Make and share this Pear muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (425 g) can pear halves in natural juice, drained (for sweeter muffins, use pear halves in light syrup)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- Grease 12-hole muffin pan (1/3 cup capacity).
- Pat pears dry then chop them.
- Sift both types of flour and cardamom into bowl.
- Add pears, nuts, combined egg, egg white, milk, yoghurt, syrup and oil.
- Mix until combined.
- Spoon into prepared pan and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in moderately hot oven (Electric oven: 191-232 deg C; Gas oven:6-7) for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm (Suitable to freeze also).
I made this recipe with fresh pears off my tree. I cooked them separately before making the muffins and they worked out fine. I also used honey instead of maple syrup and will probably make them a bit sweeter next time.
I thought this recipe was great. It was lovely and sweet. I thought they would go well for kid's lunchs