Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Compnay's Coming.
Make and share this Pear Mincemeat recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 8 lbs pears, peeled and cored
- 1 orange, with peel quartered and seeded
- 1 lemon, with peel quartered and seeded
- 1 tart apple, peeled and cored
- 1 cup grape juice (purple)
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3 cups raisins
- 3 1⁄2 cups currants
- Measure first 5 ingredients into large pot. Stir.
- Grind next 4 ingredients into same pot. Stir well.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Simmer; uncovered, until thick.
- Spoon into hot sterilized pint jars to within 1/2 inch of top. Place sterilized metal lids on jars and screw metal bands on securely. For added assurance against spoilage, you may choose to process in a boilnig water bath for 20 minutes.
- This also freezes well. If stored in containers in refrigerator, it keeps at least 1 year.
- Pear Mincemeat Pie:.
- To make a 9 inch pie from recipe, use 2 cups mincemeat, 3/4 cups apple sauce and 1 1/2 tsbp minute tapioca. Bake on bottom shelf of 400 degree oven for about 30-35 minutes, until browned.