Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Southern Living.
- 6 large pears, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted prune
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brandy (or 1 teaspoon brandy extract)
- pastry dough, for double crust 9-inch pie
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 11 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, over low heat for 40 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in brandy.
- Pour filling into a pastry-lined 9-inch pie plate; top with remaining pastry; trim edges; seal and flute.
- Cut slits in crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake on the lower rack in a 425° oven for 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to 375° and bake 30 minutes.