Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Something different for dessert.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pears in light syrup
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Position oven rack in the middle of oven; preheat oven to 375°; lightly butter and 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Drain the pear halves, reserving 3/4 cup of the syrup.
- Put pear halves on a cutting surface, flat side down, and score the rounded side with shallow, crosswise cuts; arrange the pears in the prepared baking dish.
- Add flour and sugar to a blender or food processor; blend or process until combined.
- Add in the mascarpone, eggs, vanilla, reserved pear syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Blend/process until the batter is smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Pour batter over the fruit; sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake custard until puffy and light brown and the center is set when gently shaken, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a baking rack for 5-10 minutes; serve warm.
Very easy to make and the family loved it - will make this again