Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from the issue of April 2007 of Coup de Pouce.
Make and share this Pear Maple and Pecans Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, soften
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 firm pears (bartlett type)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- pecans (for garnish, the quantity you want)
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preparation of the loaf : In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cardamom, nutmeg, clove and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Add brown sugar and maple syrup and beat for 2 minutes or until the mixture has rised. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Incorporate dry ingredients to the mixture of butter and mix until the mixture is homogeneous. Incorporate pears and ½ cup of pecans by folding delicately. Pour the dough in a loaf pan with parchment paper or (butter it and add flour). Sprinkle with the remaining pecans.
- Cook in a preheated oven of 350 F for about 1 hour or until the top of the loaf is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (If pecans tend to grill too fast, cover the top of the loaf with aluminium paper without stretching.) Put the loaf pan on a rack and let cool 15 minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan and put it on the rack and let cool completely. Put a waxed paper under the rack.
- Preparation of the glaze : In a small bowl, mix icing sugar, maple syrup and water (if needed, add a little bit more water for the glaze to be a little more runny) Put the glaze in an hermetic sealable bag and cut a corner. Garnish the loaf with the glaze. (you can prepare the loaf in advance and put it in an hermetic container. It will be good up to 1 week at room temperature).
Moist and totally delicious ! I used a combination of apple and pear and almonds as I had no pecans, also used allspice like the previous reviewer. I just loved the cardamon in this so much ! Made for Holiday Tag.
I made this using 1 pear, 1/2 cup golden raisins, & 1/2 cup walnuts (instead of pecans). I do not care for cloves so I substituted allspice. The directions did not specify how to prepare the pears so I peeled them & cut them into small pieces. Made for Newest Zaar Tag