Recipe by Brenda.
I got this recipe out of a 2001 issue of Taste of Home magazine. It has been a summer favorite since. Try substituting your favorite gelatin flavor in place of the lime gelatin.
Top Review by Susie D
My mom made a version of this for every holiday meal I can remember so your recipe added memories to our meal. I followed your recipe except for mashing the pears. I elected to dice because I prefer that texture. Thank you for posting your recipe!
- 1 (29 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the pears, reserving juice.
- Set the pears aside and measure juice, adding water if necessary to equal 1 1/2 cups.
- Pour juice into a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add gelatin and stir until completely dissolved.
- Gradually add cream cheese, whisking until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Mash reserved pears; fold into gelatin mixture.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into a 6 cup serving bowl, and chill until set.
- Cooking time includes refrigeration time.