Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got this recipe out of a 2001 issue of Taste of Home magazine. It has been a summer favorite since. Try substituting your favorite gelatin flavor in place of the lime gelatin.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Drain the pears, reserving juice.
- Set the pears aside and measure juice, adding water if necessary to equal 1 1/2 cups.
- Pour juice into a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add gelatin and stir until completely dissolved.
- Gradually add cream cheese, whisking until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Mash reserved pears; fold into gelatin mixture.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into a 6 cup serving bowl, and chill until set.
- Cooking time includes refrigeration time.
My mom made a version of this for every holiday meal I can remember so your recipe added memories to our meal. I followed your recipe except for mashing the pears. I elected to dice because I prefer that texture. Thank you for posting your recipe!
Very nice dessert.Easy to make and easy on the budget. Made these in single serve bowls and made 8 nice serves. We used whipped cream as a substitute for the cool whip. Photos also being posted. Bren- just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you.
Fun recipe! I like that! I went with everything sugar free/ fat free & divided it among 8 single serving containers. When I get a sweet craving (happens often) I can grab one w/no guilt. Thanks for sharing!