Recipe by RConley
I made this recipe by experimenting with several other pear jam recipes. It turned out really good so I decided to post.
Top Review by Mick's Kitchen
Very easy and yummy. Next time, I will try adding oranges as some have suggested, as it is very sweet as is. Pears are my favorite non-berry fruit, and turned them into a delicious marmalade.
- 4 1⁄2 cups pears, finely chopped
- 5 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) packagepremium fruit pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, put the pears, fruit pectin and lemon juice, bring to a full rolling boil and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add butter to keep from foaming.
- Stir in sugar quickly. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
- Ladle into jars filling to within 1/8 inch of tops.