Recipe by breezermom
This is a very versatlile recipe. It's good with ice cream or pound cake, and also good with turkey or pork.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 medium pears, peeled and diced
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar and water in a large saucepan; stir well. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in the diced pears, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the cranberries and honey, and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until the cranberry skins pop.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the grated lemon rind and lemon juice. Cover and chill thoroughly.