4 hrs 50 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
From "Gordon Ramsay: A Chef for All Seasons", this lovely cake combines the sweetness of pears and honey with the tartness of lime. I wasn't able to get pear liqueur so I substituted a mixture of vanilla liqueur and kirsch which is also lovely. Please note that the standing times are included in the cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 forelle pears, peeled, quartered and cored
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split
- 6 tablespoons pear liqueur
- 1For the pears, melt the butter in a medium skillet on medium heat.
- 2Add the pears and cook, turning occasionally, 5 minutes, until light golden.
- 3Stir in the lime juice, honey and vanilla bean and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 4Stir in the liqueur and remove from the heat.
- 5Let the pears steep about 3 hours.
- 6Discard the vanilla bean.
- 7For the cake, in a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and lime zest with a hand mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- 8Blend in the baking powder and salt.
- 9Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- 10Turn the speed to low and beat in the flour until just blended.
- 11Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rest 20 minutes.
- 12Meanwhile, grease a 9" springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- 13Drain the pears, reserving the syrup.
- 14Pat the pears lightly dry.
- 15Thinly slice half of the pears and reserve.
- 16Chop the remaining pears and stir into the batter.
- 17Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and level the top.
- 18Arrange the pear slices on top.
- 19Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- 20Reduce the heat to 300 degrees F and bake until the top of the cake feels springy and the tester comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- 21Cool the cake in the pan on a rack.
- 22Remove the cake to a wire rack.
- 23Skewer the top and spoon the reserved syrup over the top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear, Honey and Lime Cake
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.9
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 217.2 mg
- Sodium 161.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 42.2 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of