Recipe by Sharon123
This is so simple and so good. Update: I have changed the sugar ingredient amount from 5 1/2 cups to 2 1/2 cups-5 cups because it is so sweet, you don't need all the amount. Enjoy!
Top Review by farmchick #2
I made this as part of a gift basket for my parents. Dad finally had it because "they had run out of all the normal jelly". He thought it was great, but it was a bit sweeter than jelly. "It must have been the honey." He said he would like another jar if it wasn't too expensive because of the honey. I just laughed and said we could handle it...and for the book, he was complimenting on a grumpy old man day:). This year I decided to try it with less sugar...3 cups. This was more to our taste at my house, Dad hasn't had a chance to rate it yet.
- 3 lbs fresh pears, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2-5 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 6 quart stainless steel kettle combine all ingredients.
- Bring to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer 40 minutes.
- Spoon into sterile jars, leaving a 1/2 inch head space.
- Wipe jar rims, adjust lids.
- Process in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Makes 7 half pints.