Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wondferul recipe out of my AMC book!
Make and share this Pear Helene recipe from Food.com.
- Halve the pears and remove the cores.
- Place in a saucepan.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover and heat on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat.
- Cook on low for 5 minutes or until pears are fork tender.
- Keep pears warm.
- In the meantime, heat a small pan over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Break up the chocolate and place in the pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add brandy and pour over pears.
- Serve hot with ice cream.
So simple, yet so good! I was making this from the pantry and didn't have brandy, so I microwaved chocolate chips and added a couple of teaspoons of milk to liquefy the chocolate. This is such a warming treat!