Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Anjou pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 6 slices french toast (see below)
- chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- Melt butter in skillet; add sugar and stir until melted. Stir in pineapple juice and ginger; boil until slightly syrupy. Add pears; turn to coat; boil until slightly syrupy. Cook on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or just until pears are tender.
- Serve over prepared French Toast, garinsh with macadamia nuts.
- French Toast: Combine 1/2 cup milk, 2 eggs and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, beat well.
- Dip 6 thick slices of egg bread or French bread into egg mixture, cook in buttered skillet or griddle until golden brown on both sides.