Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
This recipe uses Fiber One Cereal
- 3⁄4 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup pear, chopped
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 4 -5 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and ginger and cut in the butter with a fork until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Stir in cereal.
- Stir in pear, egg whites and just enough milk so dough leaves side of bowl.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead lightly 10 times.
- Roll dough into to a circle, 1/2 inch thick and cut into wedges with a knife dipped in flour.
- Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake about 16 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from cookie sheet and serve warm.