Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another winter favorite around here. Smooth and creamy with a taste of winter built in.
- 6 dried pear halves
- 1⁄3 cup crystallized ginger
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup low-fat granola
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Place pears, ginger and water in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer, cover and cook until the liquid has been absorbed and the fruit is softened, 10 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, process granola in a food processor or blender until finely ground. Pour it into the prepared pan; turn and tilt the pan to coat the sides and press down into the bottom to make an even layer.
- Transfer the pear mixture to a food processor; process until a coarse paste forms, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Let cool for 10 minutes. Add cottage cheese and cream cheese; process until combined. Add granulated and brown sugars; process until smooth, scraping the sides as necessary. With the processor running, add eggs one at a time. Add flour and vanilla; process until creamy. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Rap the pan against the counter a few times so the granola on the sides falls onto the batter, forming a decorative edge.
- Bake the cheesecake until set, without a jiggle at the center when the pan is tapped, about 50 minutes. Turn the oven off. Let the cheesecake stand in the oven, with the door ajar, for 1 hour.
- Transfer the cheesecake to a wire rack to cool for 1 hour. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.