Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A sweet dish for dessert or breakfast.
- 2 pears (peeled, cored & sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Oven preheated 425°F.
- Sauté the pears in the butter in a non-stick or well-seasoned cast iron skillet (I used a number 9 cast iron) until both sides of each slice are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Arrange the pear slices as evenly as possible and pour in the mixed liquid.
- Bake for 8- 12 minutes, until the center is set.
- Slice like pie and serve with sweetened cream cheese.
Pretty tasty .... eggy but tasty. I used two pints of peaches drained but not enough as their was liquid in the bottom. It was easy and tasted good, not too sweet so DH was in love. I dusted mine and the kids with powered sugar.
This was really good and simple to make. I have wheat intolerance so I used gluten free flour for the 1/4 cup of flour. I think it could have had more pears or mine maybe were too small. Next time will double the pears and keep the rest the same. Thanks for a nice dessert.
My husband loves this! I also add a tablespoon of rice syrup or honey to the sautee mix. I find though that the cooking time is closer to 20 mins in our oven!!