Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
POSTED FOR CRAZE-E CONTEST, 2010. Gift a tin of these to your neighbor or perfect to bring to a brunch. This fancy, moist, fruity Autumn snack is sure to please.
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pear, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup water, heated
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, plus 2 tbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 cups icing sugar, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180C/350°F.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with muffin cups.
- Mix chopped dates, finely chopped pears, 1 tsp vanilla, spices and hot water together. Set aside until cooled.
- Cream 4 tbs butter, canola oil & brown sugar together until light.
- Add fruit mix to butter mix and stir until just combined.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Bake until a skewer inserted comes out clean (approx. 20-25 minutes).
- Leave to cool in the tray for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool further and then frost once completely cooled.
- To make frosting:.
- Combine icing sugar, Neufchatel cheese, 1/3 cup butter and 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Spread onto cooled muffins.