Recipe by Redsie
Those look so good!! Can't wait to try them!! From Ricardo's magazine.
Top Review by laby
I made these awhile ago so I don't remember exactly what I thought but I do remember thinking they were a bit bland. The flavor of the honey was strong and I liked the dates but this is not something I'll make again.
Cream cheese filling
- 1⁄2 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dates, pitted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F Line 8 muffins cups with paper or silicone liners.
- Cream cheese filling:.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and honey. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add the egg and beat until smooth.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk. Stir only until the flour is moistened. Add the pear and dates.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Using the backside of a spoon, make a hole in the centre of each muffin and fill with 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin but without touching the filling comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the pan, place on a cake rack, cover with a clean tea towel and let cool.