1/1 Photo of Pear Custard Cobbler
This deep-dish cobbler has a custard filling and is made with canned pears. I use the pears in light syrup. You can also substitute Splenda for the sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2Combine brown sugar, 3 eggs, cornstarch and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small bowl; mix well.
- 3Gently stir in pears.
- 4Spoon into greased 8-inch square 2 quart baking dish.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl.
- 7Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 8Stir in milk, 1 egg and walnuts.
- 9Drop dough evenly over pear mixture into 9 mounds.
- 10Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is set and biscuits are golden brown.
- 11Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Custard Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.3
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 108.5 mg
- Sodium 332.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g