1/3 Photos of Pear Crumble
1 hr 5 mins
This easy, comforting pear crumble is sure to please. Serve it as is or with low-fat ice cream. Substitute all-purpose gluten-free flour and gluten-free oats in the filling and AP gluten-free flour in the filling to make this a gluten-free dessert. Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 2 other carbohydrates, 2 fat ( 3 Carbohydrate Serving). From EatingWell magazine, November/December 2007 and EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook. Posted for ZWT6 -- Great Britain Region.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
PEAR CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (See note)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (See note) or 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (See note)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
PEAR CRUMBLE FILLING
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2To prepare topping: Combine oats, walnuts, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- 3Drizzle with oil and stir until evenly moist.
- 4To prepare filling: Combine pears, maple syrup, raisins, flour, lemon juice and ginger in a large bowl and mix well.
- 5Transfer the mixture to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- 6Sprinkle the topping over the pears.
- 7Bake the crumble until the pears are tender and the topping is golden, 45 to 50 minutes.
- 8Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- 9Serve warm as is or you can add a scoop of good low-fat ice cream to the top.
Browse Our Top For Large Groups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 28.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: