Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was a recipe in the Acton Fall Fair baking category. Very nice and light, love the delicate pear flavour. And I was very proud when mine took 1st place in the category, woot!
- 4 cups sliced pears
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Prepare pastry for one 9" unbaked pie shell.
- Combine pears, lemon juice, sugar, and tapioca. Mix all together and turn into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Prepare topping by combining flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle crumbs on top of pear mixture.
- Bake at 400F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F and bake until nicely browned, about 40-50 minutes more.
You deserved to win! This was a very delicious pie - we served it with ice cream! Made for PAC Spring 2014.