Prep 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious dessert from BHG.
- 1182.95 ml peeled and sliced pears (Bosc)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 3.69 ml finely grated lemon, rind of, divided
- 158.51 ml rolled oats
- 78.07 ml packed brown sugar
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml ground cardamom
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 78.07 ml sliced almonds
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml water
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- In a 2-quart baking dish, mix together pears, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel; toss to mix.
- In a bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cardamon, and 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in almonds.
- Sprinkle topping over fruit.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping begins to brown.
- Cool slightly on a wire rack.
- In a small sauepan, combine 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in water until combined.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 more minutes; remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolk in a small bowl; add a little of the hot mixture to the egg yolk and stir.
- Return all egg yolk mixture to saucepan.
- Cook and stir over low heat until nearly bubbly.
- Cook and stir one minute longer.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon butter, lemon juice, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel.
- Serve crisp with warm sauce.
Di, This was outstanding. It was loaded with flavor. I have enjoyed your recipes so much. Your a wonderful cook. Thanks for sharing!