Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious dessert from BHG.
Make and share this Pear Crisp with Lemon Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups peeled and sliced pears (Bosc)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon finely grated lemon, rind of, divided
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a 2-quart baking dish, mix together pears, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel; toss to mix.
- In a bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cardamon, and 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in almonds.
- Sprinkle topping over fruit.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping begins to brown.
- Cool slightly on a wire rack.
- In a small sauepan, combine 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in water until combined.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 more minutes; remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolk in a small bowl; add a little of the hot mixture to the egg yolk and stir.
- Return all egg yolk mixture to saucepan.
- Cook and stir over low heat until nearly bubbly.
- Cook and stir one minute longer.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon butter, lemon juice, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel.
- Serve crisp with warm sauce.
Di, This was outstanding. It was loaded with flavor. I have enjoyed your recipes so much. Your a wonderful cook. Thanks for sharing!