Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
YUM! Fruit Crisps are great desserts!
- 6 cups sliced fresh pears
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Combine pears with white sugar, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
- Place in greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Combine oatmeal, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over pears.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until topping is crisped.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is easy and tasty. I used splends instead of sugar and a fruit mixture that is a butter substitute. This made this recipe suitable for those on a diet and wanting a nice crisp!!
Easy and good--- Gets my vote. I've made it twice with the fresh pears that are available now.
For gluten-free I used cornstarch instead of flour and quinoa flakes instead of oats. I think it would be great over vanilla ice cream. Turned out very tasty!