Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very yummy breakfast cake. From: A Victorian Lady Inn Bed & Breakfast.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pears in heavy syrup, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup reserved pear syrup
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain pears, reserving 1/2 cup of syrup.
- Slice pears; place on bottom of 8-inch square baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese, preserves and butter in mixing bowl at medium speed until well blended; pour over pears.
- Beat cake mix, reserved syrup, oil, egg and ginger in large mixing bowl at low speed until well blended and pour over cream cheese mixture, Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired.