Recipe by TexasToast R
I created this to have a little bit healthier dessert and use some fresh pears I had. My family enjoyed it, and I wanted to post it before I forget! Make sure to use ripe, juicy pears. Great served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by Outta Here
Delicious! The sweetness of the pears and the tart of the cranberries make them a perfect match and the topping is just a big bonus flavor! Great fall dessert. A little cinnamon in the topping (or ground ginger) would be a nice addition, also. Will be making this again! Made for Fall 2012 PAC game.
- 3 large pears, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup oats (old fashioned is good)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, toss pears with cornstarch. Add in cranberries, vanilla and brown sugar and stir gently to coat pears. Pour into an 8x8 pan.
- Mix dry ingredients for topping. Stir in melted butter and vanilla. Crumble over fruit mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15-20 minutes more or until topping is lightly golden and pears are tender. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.