Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Light & Tasty.
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 pears, firm and ripe, peeled, cored and cut into 12 slices each
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup quick oats
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine juice, cranberries and vanilla extract, let stand about 15 minutes.
- Coat an 11x7x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange pear slices in dish, sprinkle with sugar.
- Pour apple juice mixture over pears.
- In a bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flours, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cut in butter until crumbly, sprinkle over pears.
- Bake 40-45 minutes. Pears should be tender and topping should be golden brown.
- Serve warm.
This goes into the 10-Star book for sure! My only regret is I cut the recipe in half. :) I made a couple of changes, using pear juice instead of apple, and subbed almond extract for the vanilla. I like that it has so little sugar and is not overly sweet. Thanks for this keeper!