A low-fat, low-sugar dessert. Pears and cranberries go so well together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 5 pears, ripe, peeled, cored and chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 slices white bread
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- 2Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonfat cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, stir together Splenda and cornstarch.
- 4Add pears and cranberries and stir until well combined. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- 5Place in oven to bake 20 minutes, stirring midway, or until fruit is tender and the juices have started to thicken. Remove from oven.
- 6In a large shallow dish, stir together milk, egg beaters, and vanilla.
- 7Cut each bread slice in half diagonally, and soak bread in egg mixture, carefully turning slices for even soaking.
- 8Arrange bread slices in rows on top of the fruit.
- 9Combine nutmeg and 3 tbls. sugar; sprinkle evenly over bread.
- 10Bake for 20 minutes more, or until the bread is golden and fruit is bubbling.
- 11Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear-Cranberry Cobbler (Low Fat/Low Sugar)
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 175.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g