Recipe by Pangaea
This is an adaptation of one of Emeril's Waldorf Salad recipes. The key to making it delicious is using very hearty, crunch lettuce. Softer lettuce turns to mush with the mayo dressing. You can sub any bleu cheese for the Stilton. It makes a great healthy lunch or a nice side to a beef or pork dish.
- 2 large handfuls of crunch firm lettuce
- 1⁄3 red onion
- 1 celery
- 1 pear
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- blue cheese, crumbles to taste
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey, more if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- 2. If too spicy from cayenne, add another touch of honey to balance it out.
- 3. Cover and place in refrigerator.
- 4. Chop and combine salad ingredients.
- 5. Add dressing and toss until evenly coated.