Delicious coffee cake courtesy: The Inn on Sea Street, Bed and Breakfast, Hyannis, Massachusetts
Make and share this Pear Coffee Cake with Ginger Pecan Crunch Topping recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together flour, sugars, salt, nutmeg and oil.
- Set aside 1 cup of mixture for topping.
- Add 2 cups chopped ripe pear to the rest of the above mixture.
- Add egg, buttermilk, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Topping: Add ginger and pecans to 1 cup of reserved mixture.
- Spread in greased 9" x 13" x 2" sheet pan.
- Sprinkle topping over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.