Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Am always looking for cakes with as little as possible or no fat (butter, margarine or oil). This is a good cake, perfect for dessert after a dairy meal.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 pears, unpeeled,sliced 1/4 inch or 1 (16 ounce) cansliced pears in light syrup, drained
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan or a round cake pan.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine 1 cup sour cream and eggs in medium bowl.
- Beat with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Arrange pear slices in pinwheel fashion on top of batter.
- If desired, sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean.