Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 cups sliced fresh pears
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces margarine (1 stick)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Mix pears with 1/2 cup sugar and let stand.
- Put margarine in 2-quart casserole and place in 325° oven until melted.
- Combine all dry ingredients, including remaining 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Mix well.
- Beat egg and add to milk.
- Slowly combine with dry ingredients to make a batter.
- Pour over melted margarine.
- Do not stir.
- Spoon pears on top of batter.
- Do not stir.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Cool Whip or ice cream topping is very good.
- I haven't tried this recipe, but after two reviews, I'm editing the recipe to cut the sugar in half.
Thank you so much for this recipe. All of the cobblers I have made in the past have been a bit more entailed and alot more time consuming. This one is so easy and just as good if not better than the others I've made!! I expect it to work with other fruits as well. Thanks again!!
This recipe was very easy to follow and make. My family really enjoyed this as a surprise dessert. I will make this recipe again for my co-workers, because I am sure they will enjoy eating this delicious dessert just as my family did.
Made this recipe again, less butter definitely improved the balance of the dish (we used about 1 1/2 ounces of butter). Also leaving the pears & sugar to stand longer was good (about 1 hour) & didn't add the excess sugar this time.