Recipe by MsKittyKat
Basic idea from Fine Cooking - no amounts were given in the recipe - this is what I did.
- 3 pears, bartlett or 3 comice pears, work best peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (regular or golden)
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Add everything to a saucepan and simmer until thickened - approximately 1 1/4 hours.
- Adjust the seasonings to taste (you may prefer it sweeter or more sour).
- Serve with grilled meats or fish or as a condiment with quesadillas. I found myself using this for just about everything.
- This kept well in my refidgerator for a couple of weeks. I'm sure that you could can or freeze this for longer storage.