1 hr 20 mins
This is the ultimate autumn dessert. A delightful combination, it never fails to please. I have also used dried cranberries instead of the cherries with great success. Cook time includes setting time after baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 lbs firm but ripe Anjou pears or 2 1/4 lbs bosc pears or 2 1/4 lbs comice pears, peeled,cored,cut into 3/4 inch dice
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherry
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1For filling, preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2Butter four 1 1/4 cup custard cups or souffle dishes; place on rimmed baking sheet.
- 3Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat.
- 4Divide filling among prepared custard cups.
- 5Dot with 2 TBs butter.
- 6Bake until filling is hot and bubbling around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- 7Maintain oven temperature.
- 8Combine sugar and ginger in processor; blend until ginger is finely chopped.
- 9Transfer 1 TBS sugar ginger mixture to small bowl and set aside.
- 10Add flour, baking soda and salt to remaining sugar ginger mixture in processor; blend 20 seconds.
- 11Add butter; using on/off turns, process until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 12Transfer to medium bowl.
- 13Mix in chocolate chips, then buttermilk (mixture will be very moist).
- 14Drop topping by heaping tablespoonfuls onto filling in custard cups (about 4 very generous tablespoons for each); sprinkle with reserved 1 TBS sugar-ginger mixture.
- 15Bake until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling thickly, about 20 minutes.
- 16Cool 20 minutes and serve with icecream to 4 very lucky people!
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Cherry Cobblers With Ginger-Chocolate Chip Topping
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.9
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 54.6 mg
- Sodium 383.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 69.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: