Prep 1 hr
Cook 8 hrs
There's no better way to savor the flavor of late summer pears than in a creamy cheesecake.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pear halves in natural juice, drained
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, 1/4 c. sugar, and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Place pear halves cut side down on crust.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add flour; beat well. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Add the milk, lemon juice and peel; beat just until blended.
- Pour over pears Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Chill overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers.