Recipe by chia
Wrap this in fancy plastic wrap and give it to the ones you love--or, just eat it yourself and enjoy.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Excellent! The smell of this bread baking is so tempting - rich cardamom scent wafts through the air. The bread is very moist from the pear - the flavor of which is very pronounced. The little chunks of pear get so tender and are well complimented by the cardamom. This was delicious. NOTE: I mixed my liquids up separately with a whisk before adding to the dry ingredients.
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped unpeeled pears (1-2)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease bottom of loaf pan.
- Mix all ingredients, except topping, in a large bowl.
- Pour into loaf pan. Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle on top.
- Bake 55-65 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean cool 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely, 1 hour.