1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups coarsely grated peeled bosc pears
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Butter and flour two 9-inch cake pans with 1 1/2 inch high sides.
- 3Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices in large bowl.
- 4Make well in center of flour mixture.
- 5Add oil, eggs, milk and vanilla; Whisk just until evenly moistened.
- 6Fold in pears and nuts and divide between pans; Bake cakes for about 45 minutes.
- 7Beat cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and lemon peel in large bowl until fluffy.
- 8Add honey and beat until smooth.
- 9If frosting is very soft, chill until firm enough to spread.
- 10Place 1 cake layer, flat side up on a platter.
- 11Spread 1 cup frosting on cake.
- 12Top with second layer with flat side down.
- 13Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Cake With Lemon-Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 800.7
- Calories from Fat 418
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 112.4 mg
- Sodium 731.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 69.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: