This moist cake is made extra special with a caramel glaze.
Make and share this Pear Cake With Caramel Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 3 cups ripe pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetable oil, granulated sugar, and beaten eggs; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended. Stir in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and allspice; stir well.
- Add flour mixture to the sugar mixture alternately with the chopped pear, beating at medium speed until blended. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spoon Caramel Glaze over cake.
- Caramel Glaze:.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add brown sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar melts. Remove from heat. Add milk, stirring constantly.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth.