Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is my favourite cake that I've modified to make slightly healthier. You wouldn't know it used olive oil but you can use what ever oil you like. Use chopped apple or grated carrot if you want as well. The oats and wholemeal flour are also optional as are the walnuts.
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw sugar
- 1 cup olive oil (or other oil)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 2 -3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 cups of raw diced pears
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups of chopped walnuts
- beat sugar and fat.
- beat in eggs and vanilla one at a time until mix looks pale and creamy.
- beat in sifted flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- mix in remaining ingredients.
- Bake until skewer come out clean.
- For a 7" round tin line up and above the sides and bake at 175 degress for 1 hour 30 min, this will make a very high cake and is the longest way to cook it.
- Dust with icing sugar.