1/1 Photo of Pear Cake
I found this recipe on the Boston Globe. It's super easy and it tastes great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter a 8x8-inch pan.
- 3Sift together flour, baking powder, salt.
- 4In a bowl, combine pears, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup of sugar, toss lightly.
- 5Cream butter and remaining sugar together, add egg and vanilla and mix till the batter is pale and smooth.
- 6Add milk alternatively with the dry ingredients, starting and ending with flour.
- 7Pour half of the batter into baking pan.
- 8Cover with pears, then pour the remaining half of the batter, covering the pears completely.
- 9Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 10Let cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2506.2
- Calories from Fat 643
- Total Fat 71.4 g
- Saturated Fat 42.5 g
- Cholesterol 364.2 mg
- Sodium 2127.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 443.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.7 g
- Sugars 259.8 g
- Protein 34.3 g